How is FluidForming different? Well, FluidForming is different in a lot of ways. And here's the biggie: at FluidForming Americas, we believe that better physics means better business. Which is great, because the fundamental physics of the FluidForming process differ significantly from traditional hydraulic, bladder-based hydroforming, metal spinning, and die stamping. Stop settling for less from your metal forming.
Go ahead, expect more. Better physics means better business.
Better, Faster, Smarter Metal Forming
With pressures of up to 4,000 bar/60,000 psi, highly detailed parts with complex geometries can be formed with a 99.996% first-pass-yield rate.
FluidForming's bladder-free technology simultaneously reduces maintenance costs and improves precision and finish quality. Because the FluidForming process doesn't require a bladder — unlike legacy hydroforming methods — only one side of the material comes in contact with the forming force, which is water.
FluidForming Americas also offers finite element analysis (FEA) — which helps clients optimize their designs, select the optimal material, find the perfect material thickness, and resolve any potential formability concerns before forming.
FluidForming Americas' metal forming machines, FormBalancers, achieve the highest forming pressures and exceed the capabilities of any press on the market.
This innovative approach produces significant quality advantages and cost-saving benefits.
Quality advantages of FluidForming
- Six Sigma quality, accuracy, and repeatability.
- Eliminates bladder friction and tool marks.
- Accommodates the formation of complex shapes.
- Forms detailed impressions and microchannels.
- Accommodates undercuts.
- Minimizes springback and material thinning.
- Increases dimensional stability.
- Encourages creative and innovative design.
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
- Enables the use of pre-painted, polished, and patterned materials.
Cost-saving benefits of FluidForming
- Reduces secondary operations or post-production fixturing.
- Uses a single die from prototyping through production.
- Reduces the use of consumables.
- Eliminates bladders and the risk of bladder ruptures.
- Lowers scrap costs.
- Minimal material waste.
- Nested tooling capabilities.
- A single tool is used from prototyping through production.
- Accommodates die inserts and product branding.
- Clean and quiet operation.
- Reduces overall energy costs.
- Shortens product development cycles.
- Accelerates time-to-market.
FormBalancer: Better Metal Forming
FormBalancer metal forming machines are bladder-free, force-contained structures capable of producing extremely high forming pressures of up to 4,000 bar/60,000 psi. This is where the better physics bit really kicks in.
High forming pressures result in a 99.996% first-pass-yield rate. The modular design allows for flexible floor placement. Multiple machine and table sizes — which range from 800 mm x 800 mm to 1,300 mm x 2,000 mm — can accommodate a variety of jobs.
FormBalancers are the only 4-in-1 precision metal forming machines on the market that have the following metal forming capabilities:
- Bladderless sheet metal forming
- Tube forming
- Bladder-based hydroforming
- Hydraulic hydroforming
Find out which FormBalancer is right for your next project. FluidForming Americas works with clients to manufacture highly precise components to desired specifications. FormBalancers are also available for lease or purchase.
FluidForming Americas, Inc. is a member of the Precision Metal Forming Association and is AS9100 Rev D, ISO 9001:2015 certified.