Rapid Prototyping By FluidForming
FluidForming is a cost-effective reinvention of deep draw hydroforming…and it’s designed with rapid prototyping and low- to medium-volume parts production in mind.
Major manufacturers like BMW, Airbus, and Miele rely on FluidForming for their precision prototyping needs. Our trusted technology paves the way for designers, engineers, and product developers to improve existing products and bring new, innovative products to market faster.
Better, faster, smarter precision prototyping.
Our precision metal forming presses enable manufacturers to move from idea to fully-functional and production-ready part in just three days.
Enjoy flexibility in prototyping with FluidForming. FluidForming is the ideal solution for product development, rapid prototyping, and low- to medium-volume fabrication. Manufacturers also benefit from vastly reduced lead times and low tooling costs — which results in even faster, cost-effective product development cycles.
FluidForming’s FormBalancer presses exert the highest pressures of any hydroforming press on the market. Our low-maintenance, user-friendly presses produce highly accurate and repeatable metal parts, require minimal training, and are easy to operate.
The FluidForming rapid prototyping tooling advantage.
Because just one tool is needed, tooling costs are reduced by at least 50%. How do we do it? 3D printed tooling makes it possible to move seamlessly from ideation to CAD to prototyping to production in days, rather than months.
Iterate as you work, optimize as necessary, and begin production immediately.
Our cost-effective and environmentally friendly approach to tooling helps manufacturers dramatically reduce time-to-market and cost-to-market. FluidForming’s bladder-free hydroforming technology is compatible with inexpensive and easily-produced plastic, composite, and 3D-printed tools.
Other cost savings and time-to-market advantages include:
- Multi-use tooling (prototyping tool can be used as the manufacturing tool).
- Tool nesting (minimizes tool size & cost).
- Minimal material waste.
- Efficient part integration.
- Compatibility with 3D printed & composite tools.
- Low- to no-cost tool maintenance.
- Virtually unlimited tool life.
- Minimal surface friction.
- Compatibility with pre-finished, polished, & pre-painted surfaces.
- Minimal post-fixturing costs.
- Material flexibility (the same tool can be used on titanium, stainless steel, copper, aluminum, & high-tech alloys).