Precision Sheet Metal & Tube Forming Press
A precision press for a precision metal forming process.
FluidForming FormBalancers are the most accurate fluid cell metal forming machines on the market. These incredibly versatile universal sheet metal and tube forming metal presses are plant-ready and they’re designed for rapid prototyping and low- to medium-volume production.
FormBalancer sheet metal forming and tube forming machines can produce rectangular and circular parts and can accommodate complex, highly detailed shapes with a 99.996% first-pass yield rate. Depending on tooling, FormBalancer metal forming machines can produce up to 10 parts per minute. An easy adaptation transforms the FormBalancer from FluidForming sheet metal forming to bladder hydroforming or high-pressure tube forming.
High-pressure metal forming machines that are:
FormBalancers are patented, force-contained metal forming machines that employ extremely high forming pressures of up to 4,000 bar (60,000 psi).
That’s up to 4x the forming pressure used by traditional, bladder-based hydroforming machines or existing deep draw presses. Uniform absorption of closing forces ensures highly precise and repeatable part formation.
Benefits of a FormBalancer metal forming machine.
- Deep draw sheet metal forming & tube forming capabilities.
- Requires just one tool.
- Compatible with 3D-printed tooling.
- 50-90% reduction in tooling costs.
- 99.996% accuracy & repeatability.
- Low operating costs.
- Nominal maintenance costs.
- Minimal post-fixturing costs.
- Water is the forming force.
- Fast ideation-to-production turnaround times.
- Ideal for low-to-moderate production runs.
- Perfect for production-ready rapid prototyping.
- Adjustable process forces and forming speeds.
- Compatible with nested tooling.
- Affordable complex part production.
- Low energy consumption.
- Quiet operation.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Easy operation.
- Force-contained design & small footprint allows for flexible floor placement.