A precision press for a precision metal forming process.
FluidForming FormBalancers are the most accurate fluid cell metal forming machines on the market. These incredibly versatile, environmentally-friendly sheet metal presses are plant-ready and they’re designed for rapid prototyping and low- to medium-volume production.
FormBalancers are patented, force-contained metal forming machines that employ extremely high forming pressures of up to 4,000 bar (60,000 psi).
That’s up to 4x the forming pressure used by traditional, bladder-based hydroforming machines or existing deep draw presses. Uniform absorption of closing forces ensures highly precise and repeatable part formation.
- Deep draw sheet metal forming capabilities.
- Requires just one tool.
- Compatible with 3D-printed tooling.
- 50-90% reduction in tooling costs.
- 99.996% accuracy & repeatability.
- Low operating costs.
- Nominal maintenance costs.
- Minimal post-fixturing costs.
- Water is the forming force.
- Fast ideation-to-production turnaround times.
- Ideal for low-to-moderate production runs.
- Perfect for production-ready rapid prototyping.
- Adjustable process forces and forming speeds.
- Compatible with nested tooling.
- Affordable complex part production.
- Low energy consumption.
- Quiet operation.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Easy operation.
- Force-contained design & small footprint allows for flexible floor placement.